Wednesday, January 04, 2012

His Passing

Dry Bones cartoon: Kim Jong Il Korea, North Korea, Shuldig,
I was working on this cartoon when I got a call informing me about the passing of a close friend of mine. His name was Newt Becker. You probably don't know his name, but you should. Newt was an innovative educator, a philanthropist, an inventor, a strategist, and my friend.

Many of the most important pro-Israel organizations had been set up or supported by Newt. Unlike others, he didn't want his name immortalized, and avoided having his picture taken with "important people". Newt invested in medical advances, backed cutting edge alternate energies, and helped people who needed his help. I'm proud to say that for the past 5-6 years Newt anonymously supported the Dry Bones operation.

I'm even prouder to say that he was my friend.

Labels: , , , ,